Welcome to the official website for the Northeast Distict Football Officials.
All officials strive to be the best they can be so that we can foster a safe playing experience for the high school youth in our communities. Our number one goal as officials is that of player safety. Throughout the game of football there are many life lessons to be learned and we want to protect the integrity of the game so that each player, coach, and fan can know that every effort has been made to insure player safety.
If you are interested in becoming an official in our association, please see the contact information.
Each official must adhere to the code of ethics.
Code of Ethics
1. An official must devote time, thought and study to the rules of the game and the mechanics necessary to carry out these rules so that one may render effective and creditable service in a fair and unbiased manner.
2. An official must work with fellow officials and the state association in a spirit of harmony and cooperation in spite of differences of opinion that may arise during debate of points or rules at issue.
3. An official must resist every temptation and outside pressure to use one's position as an official to benefit oneself. Under all circumstances, officials must avoid promoting the special interest of any person or group of persons other than the athletes we serve.
4. An official must constantly uphold the honor and dignity of the avocation in all personal conduct and relations with the student athletes, coaches, athletic directors, school administrators, colleagues and the public to be a worthy example to the athletes under one's jurisdiction.
5. An official will be prepared both physically and mentally, dress according to expectations and maintain a proper appearance that is befitting the importance of the contest.
6. An official must remember and recognize that it is important to honor contracts regardless of possible inconvenience or financial loss.